If you are attending the 2012 NAB show you might want to consider setting aside some time to attend a new half-day conference called “Media Technology: Strategy and Valuation.”
We are excited to be co-producing this event along with the NAB Show and Silverwood Partners.
This session is being held in room N237 of the Las Vegas Convention Center on Sunday April 15th from 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., and it’s free for all registered attendees of the 2012 NAB show.
This conference will address industry-specific factors driving the valuations of companies including changing market dynamics, new technology, and evolving customer requirements. It is intended for industry technology executives, private equity investors, and venture capital investors in the media technology sector.
You’ll hear from experts from the financial community, broadcast industry technology buyers, leading service providers, and media technology market research analysts.
Download full agenda and speaker bios here
MEDIA TECHNOLOGY: STRATEGY & VALUATION
April 15, 2012
Las Vegas Convention Center, Room N237
2:00-2:25pm Strategic Implications of Transitioning to Cloud and SaaS Platforms for the Media Industry
Presented by David Peto, CEO, Aframe
What is the reality of becoming a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business?
- Opportunities and challenges with the business model from the SaaS provider perspective
- Lessons learned from providing SaaS services to large media companies
- Key customer variables for deciding to use SaaS services
2:25-2:55pm The Broadcast & Media Technology Industry in 2012
Presented by Joe Zaller, President, Devoncroft Partners
- Summary of key data derived from the newly published 2012 Big Broadcast Survey, the largest and most comprehensive study of the broadcast industry. Overview of the latest research from the IABM will also be provided.
- Does brand perception impact valuation? Using data from the annual Big Broadcast Survey, color commentary and market research data will be provided to show how brand perception impacts both customer loyalty and Company valuation, and what vendors can do to change their brand perception for the positive.
2:55-3:25pm Strategic Industry Analysis: Valuations, M & A, and Equity Financing
Presented by Jonathan Hodson-Walker, Managing Partner and Joshua Stinehour, Senior Vice President, Silverwood Partners
Analysis of strategic industry trends and the specific factors that affect company valuations:
- Review of transaction activity and valuations
- Technology shifting from a supporting role to a strategic role
- Business opportunities and models evolving rapidly
- What businesses are buyers targeting and why?
- Analysis of Software, SaaS vs. hardware valuation and reasons for differentials
3:25-3:50pm Online Video: Threat, Opportunity, or Both?
Presented by Andrew Taylor, VP Business Development, Grab Media
- Expert insight on the business models of new media and multiplatform distribution.
- Commentary on developments in online video, advertising technology, and new distribution and syndication models.
4:00-4:20pm Technology Transition: Software, File-based, Cloud
Presented by Bernt Kåre Johannessen, Chief Development Officer, Vizrt
- The business implications of file-based workflows, cloud computing, and multi-platform content delivery for both broadcasters and technology vendors.
- Efficiencies for the customer, business model implications, business and technology implementation challenges, revenue models, and required technologies.
4:20-4:40pm Executing the Strategic Plan: Suggestions and Recommendations for Executives
Presented by Graham Sharp, Director of Media Asset Capital
- Understanding value and differentiation of business offering to customers
- Unlocking strategic value of business
- Tactical implementation of the strategic plan to fully realize value
4:40-5:00pm The Broadcast Buyer Perspective
Presented by Pat Sullivan, President and CEO, Game Creek Video
- Game Creek is one of largest Outside Broadcast Truck providers in the US with a client list that reads like the who’s who of Broadcast: ABC, CBS, ESPN, FOX, HBO, NBC, MLB, NBA, and the NFL to name a few!
- With an annual multi-million US$ budget being spent with Broadcast Equipment vendors, what do GCV want from their suppliers and what could they do better?
5:00-6:00pm Cocktail and Networking Reception