For information on how to purchase any of our syndicated broadcast industry market research reports, or to discuss custom market research and/or strategic consulting, please contact Devoncroft Partners.
Syndicated Market Research
The Big Broadcast Survey (BBS)
The BBS is an annual demand-side study of the global broadcast industry, which enables readers to improve strategic decision making, customer engagement, marketing strategy, and sales execution.
Nearly 10,000 broadcast professionals in 100+ countries participated in the 2016 BBS, making it the largest ever and most comprehensive market study of the broadcast industry.
Unique Benefits of BBS Reports:
- Gain Insight, Improve Strategic Decision Making: BBS Product Reports help readers better understand the commercial intent of buyers; as well as the drivers and attribute that influence and shape customer perception of major broadcast industry vendor brands. This valuable information can be used in a variety of ways to improve strategic decision making, customer engagement, marketing strategy, and sales execution.
- Granular Analysis: 2016 BBS Reports present multiple views of data, segmented by geography and customer type (e.g. broadcasters, playout centers, recording studios, systems integrators, etc). This enables granular data analysis of all data.
- Industry Benchmarking and Ranking of Vendor Brands: Both the 2016 BBS Brand and Product Reports provide valuable insight into the market’s perception of broadcast technology vendors. Using numerous metrics, brands are benchmarked and ranked for the overall industry and/or against specific competitors in twenty-six separate product categories.
There are three types of BBS reports available, each of which provides deep insight into the broadcast industry. The information in each report is presented through a series of charts and tables, which are segmented by geography, organization type and organization size.
- The 2016 BBS Global Market Report is the broadcast industry’s first global demand-based study of the purchasing habits of technology buyers. This report examines industry trends, major projects being planned, products being evaluated for purchase, current and future plant infrastructure (analog, SDI-SDI, HD-SDI, 3Gbps. 4K/UHD), current and future operational structure (file-based), broadcast technology budgets, and HD upgrade plans for a wide variety of products.
- 2016 BBS Global Brand Reports are available for more than 100 broadcast technology vendors. These reports provides deep insight into how each company is perceived by the market, along with comprehensive benchmarking of broadcast technology vendors on a wide variety of metrics, through a series of league table rankings
- More than thirty separate 2016 BBS Product Reports provide detailed vendor brand ranking for individual product categories. These reports enable users to benchmark their brand directly against specific competitors through a detailed understanding of the opinions of technology buyers who purchase, specify or use each product type.
Product Categories Covered in the 2016 BBS:
Broadcast Technology Brands Covered in the 2016 BBS:
Technology Products & Vendor Brands Covered in the 2016 BBS, by Application Area
Acquisition & Production:
Angenieux, Canon, Fujinon
Canon, Hitachi, Ikegami, JVC, Panasonic, Sony
Large Format Single Sensor Cameras
ARRI, Blackmagic Design, Canon, Red Digital Cinema, Sony
Blackmagic Design, Broadcast Pix, For-A, Grass Valley, NewTek, Panasonic, Ross Video, Snell, Sony
Studio System Cameras
Grass Valley, Hitachi, Ikegami, JVC, Panasonic, Sony
Graphics & Branding
Adobe, Autodesk, Avid, ChyronHego, Evertz, Grass Valley, Imagine Communications, Orad, Pixel Power, Ross Video, Vizrt
Transcoding / Streaming
Dalet/AmberFin, Elemental Technologies, Envivio, Harmonic, Imagine Communications, Telestream
Adobe, Apple, Avid, EVS, Grass Valley, Imagine Communications, Sony
Content Communications and Infrastructure:
Dejero, LiveU, Teradek, TVU, Vislink
Blackmagic Design, Evertz, Grass Valley, Imagine Communications, Nevion, Pesa, Ross Video, Snell, Utah Scientific
Signal Processing / Interfacing / Modular
Aja Video, Axon, Blackmagic Design, Evertz, For-A, Grass Valley, Imagine Communication, Ross Video, Snell
Arris, Aspera, Cisco, Ericsson, Evertz, Harmonic, Imagine Communications, Media Links, Net Insight, Nevion, Riedel, Signiant
Avid, Calrec, Lawo, Salzbrenner Stagetec, Solid State Logic (SSL), Soundcraft, Studer, Wheatstone, Yamaha
Audio Processing & Monitoring
Adobe, Avid, Dolby, Linear Acoustic, RTW, TSL, Wohler
Intercom / Talkback
Clear-Com, Riedel, RTS Intercom Systems, Trilogy
AKG, Audio-Technica, beyerdynamic, Electro Voice, Marshall Electronics, Neumann, Schoeps, Sennheiser, Shure, Sony
Adam, Avid, Focal, Genelec, JBL, KRK Systems, Mackie, Neumann, PMC,
High Performance Shared Storage:
Avid, Harmonic, HP, IBM, Isilon Systems/EMC, NetApp, Quantum
Playout / Transmission Servers
Avid, EVS, Grass Valley, Harmonic, Imagine Communications, Ross Video
Avid, EVS, Grass Valley, Harmonic, Quantel
System Automation and Control:
Broadcast Business Management Systems
arvato/S4M, Imagine Communications, MediageniX, MSA Focus, SintecMedia/Pilat Media, VSN, Wide Orbit
Archive & Archive Management
ASG/Atempo, Masstech, Oracle/Front Porch Digital, Quantum, SGL, XenData
Grass Valley, Imagine Communications, Pebble Beach, Playbox, Snell
Workflow / Asset Management
arvato/S4M, Avid, Dalet/Amberfin, EVS, Imagine Communications, Sony, Vizrt, VSN
Playout and Delivery:
Integrated Playout (Channel in a Box)
Evertz, Grass Valley, Harmonic, Imagine Communications, Pebble Beach, Playbox, Snell, Thomson Video Networks
On-line / Streaming Video Delivery Platforms
Brightcove, Kaltura, Ooyala, Piksel
Arris, ATEME, Cisco, Elemental Technologies, Envivio, Ericsson, Harmonic, Imagine Communications, Thomson Video Networks
GatesAir, Hitachi, NEC, Plisch, Rohde & Schwarz, Screen Service, Toshiba
Test, Quality Control and Monitoring:
Avitech, Axon, Evertz, For-A, Grass Valley, Imagine Communications
Test & Measurement
Imagine Communications, IneoQuest, Leader, Phabrix, Rohde & Schwarz, Tektronix